De La Mesa
NOREEN WHALEN, Updated May 21, 2020
Please welcome Noreen Whalen to DLM! She purchased 705 Hernandez from Jim Lau. She is originally from Maryland and is a full-time resident of The Villages. Click here for more information.
GREG BRAUN & BETTY BRUNNER, Updated May 11, 2020
Please welcome Greg Braun and Betty Brunner to the neighborhood! They purchased 736 Hernandez in April from Mac and Susan Lang. They intend to be here about seven months out of the year, while spending the rest of their time in Grafton, Wisconsin. Click here for more information.
JIM & SANDY WIERSMA, Updated May 6, 2020
Please welcome Jim and Sandy Wiersma to DLM! They moved into 747 Ramirez on March 18th, purchasing from Tim Glaser. They hail from Rockford, Michigan, which is close to Grand Rapids. Click here for more information.
FIT BIT FOUND, Updated May 6, 2020
Thanks folks. Val found her Fit Bit on the garage floor.
MAY BOARD MEETING, Updated May 4, 2020
The next reguarly scheduled board meeting will be help at the park. Click here to see the agena and the rules and restrictions if you wish to participate.
NANCY DAPRATO, Updated May 4, 2020
I am sad to report that Nancy passed Saturday night at the Villages Hospital. She had been ill for quite some time. There are no details as yet.
SIGNS OF A STROKE, Updated May 4, 2020
Just a reminder, thanks to Barb and Glenn Ryburn, of the signs of a stroke. They are now posted on our web site under helpful information. Click here to see quickly see them.
POOL/PARK TO OPEN, Updated May 1, 2020
The following rules are in place.
The HOA board, following The Villages lead, has authorized the opening of the pool and park effective Monday morning , May 4, 2020, with the following stipulations that are in accordance with The Villages rules. The Recreation News published April 30th, has guidelines for all activities indoors and outdoors.
1. Some seating has been removed to allow for social distancing...six feet between people . What does six feet (72") look like? A shuffleboard cue is 75" (about right). A pool noodle is 58" (14" shorter). A golf driver is 45" (18" shorter). Golf carts...if a third cart can drive between two others, the two others are the right distance apart.
2. The water fountain has been turned off. Bring your own water.
3. Wear a mask that covers your nose and mouth. The Villages requires masks for all indoor and outdoor activities. (Page 7 of April 30 Recreation News)
4. Bring your OWN disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer. The HOA is not providing these products.
5. NO GLASS containers of any kind for any product at the pool.
6. Please stay healthy, and social distance please! (Stay 6 feet from each other)
7. If you are ill, sick, or don't feel 100%...stay away from the pool/park.
Unlike The Villages, there will be no monitors checking the park/pool for adherence to the above rules. The board anticipates those at the pool/park will monitor themselves and the group that is there. Please be a responsible resident.
This will be our normal until further notice, and we anticipate this will likely continue for the remainder of 2020.
This website is an unofficial Villa De La Mesa residentís bulletin board. The information posted on the site is for information and enjoyment only and is not intended to reflect the official business of the De La Mesa Board of Directors. †